Monday, September 3, 2007
September arrived already and with it is time for us to think about what we are going to buy for the next season. I must confess that normally, for this time of the year I would be already being missing autumn cold and its clothes, but this year I’m not. Perhaps because the summer in Portugal is a little unstable, as well as in the rest of Europe. But as I’m a fan of fashion, I’m already seeing what are the hot things. Here is my opinion:
Key Fashion Trends for Fall 2007 & Winter 2008
Major New Fashion Looks for Fall 2007 Winter 2008
Top Twenty Key Trends
1. COATS - A major trend is for coats - seek Cocoon volume, Trapeze A-lines or masculine lean tailored fitted coats.
2. PLAIDS AND CHECKS - Big tartans and checks create punk influenced jackets, dresses, bags and coats.
3. ARMY & NAVY MILITARY - Sgt. Pepper - braids, brass, ornate pea coats, martial lines in black, navy, cream, olive.
4. GLEAM & SHEEN - METALLICS, LEATHER, PATENT, PLASTIC, RUBBER - shine, sheen, glow, glimmer and gleam.
5. BIKER BABE - Leather multi zipper biker jackets, sans studs. Supple leather knee coats worn with skinnies.
6. ARMORIAL - Clothes with hardware or reptilian textured leathers make the perfect warrior women.
7. 1940s GLAMOUR GODDESS GOWNS - Grown up dressing for girls who emulate 1940s satin clad sultry sirens.
8. SECRETARY DRESSES - Figure hugging midi dresses for hourglass bodies. Try sack, trapeze or pinafore alternatives.
9. OPULENCE - Pailettes and embellishment bulks-up to become passementerie. Deluxe gold trim overlays black.
10. SKIRT SUITS - Formal dressing made easy with matchy matchy jackets and full or pencil skirts.
11. SHOOTING PARTY - Lighter weight country look tweeds, moleskin and corduroy separates, but for town wear.
12. EQUESTRIAN - Sporting touches in boots and trousers. Think jodhpurs, crisp shirts, caps and riding capes.
13. MAN ABOUT TOWN - Androgynous dressing in high-waisted man tailored pants, or tuxedo masculine trouser suits.
14. GLOBAL NOMAD - Ethnic Mix - tribal look that evolves, refuses to die. Melting pot traveller clashing prints, patterns.
15. WINTER WARMERS - BIG KNITS - Every wardrobe will succumb to at least one item from oversized knit ranges.
16. QUILTED, PADDED & PUFFA LOOKS - Practical glamour for winter cosiness. This is edgy when styled well.
17. MONOCHROME - Black with white optical effects, grey knitwear and tailoring.
18. BLACK ON BLACK - Black texture is laid beside other textures. Matte against shiny, or dull against shimmering black.
19. COLOUR - Jewel colours, bold brights - orange, coral, pink, red, emerald green, amethyst and purple.
20. PURPLE - Any tone, any shade as long as it's purple. Amethyst, aubergine, puce, purple, mauve, lilac, lavender.